Wednesday 5 December 2012

12 Days of Christmas Challenge - Day 2


So I'm a little upset as I had written this whole blog post on my phone and it seems to have got stuck or deleted.. basically it will not post, so here it goes take two!

The main song that inspired my manicure for this challenge was 'When Santa got stuck up the chimney'. It is the song we are doing for our preschool concert so I thought it would be a fun thing to show the children as they love looking at my nail art! But then I figuired I may aswell throw in 'Rudolph the red nosed reindeer' and to top it all I 'Let it snow'.



It's a little (OK a lot!) rough but I'm reasonably pleased with how it turned out! I think the background colour I used is a little dark as you can barely see Santas boots in normal light but the reindeer stamps are pretty cute and I will be using those again.


So the reindeer stamps are from Bundle Monster plate 214. I did stamp in a sleigh but it didn't show up too well so I ended up painting the whole thing in by hand with a small brush. Everything else was done by a small paintbrush or a dotting tool.




The background colour I used is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Blue It. I love this colour it is so rich and deep! The black I used is of the same brand titled 'Black Out' and one of my favourite blacks as it goes on the nail so well. I used Red Konad Stamping Polish for the edge of Santas suit, for the sleigh I used Barry M's 'Red Glitter' Polish. The roof and chimney is in Sephora's 'Milk Chocolate Chunk' and the reindeer are Rimmel Lycra Wear 'Posh Trash'. For the snow I again used A England's 'Merlin' as I am addicted to that sparkle!






3 comments: