Friday 7 December 2012

12 days of Christmas Challenge - Day 3

So it is Candy Cane day! I didn't have much time and wanted to go for something simple so painted my nails red with Orly 'Torrid' and then used striping tape to make lines across the nail. Initially I was going to use a white base and use the striping tape to make lines which I would tape over and remove (which I really should have done!) but I had a lovely silver striping tape so decided to keep the tape on the nail and finish with top coat.

Although I really like the look of the nail, it took way longer than I was expecting. It was time consuming arranging the tape and making sure it was at the edge of the nail to try and avoid bits hanging over. Furthermore this didn't even work! The very next morning one of the strips was starting to peel its way back until I finally gave in to the irritation and pulled it from my nail! This happened several times over the day and by the evening there were only a few stripes left! I was going to paint in lines with a silver polish but by the time  I removed the rest of the tape my nails were a bit battered looking so I removed the whole thing.

 So although I think it was the best looking of my challenges so far it was on the least amount of time! Not sure if I am going to go simple or complicated with my snowmen yet. I have a couple of snowmen stamps to try, but I also want to have a go at painting one on freehand. We will see!!


6 comments:

  1. Love the silver tape on red nails. The tapes tend to lift the next day. Very irritating :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh it's my first time using it and keeping it on so wasn't sure if I just hadn't put it on right. But yes so annoying, but a nice look!

      Delete
  2. and finally some real candy cane ;)
    nice manicure :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty!!! But totally agree on the annoyance that is striping tape lol

    ReplyDelete